Becoming a Member
From Rockford MakerSpace Wiki
Start as a Guest
- Visit the space during Open Hours.
- Attend public meetings and events (see website for calendar)
- Visit and use tools anytime a member can host you
- SIGN A WAIVER
Become a Member
- Visit the space twice before joining. Get to know us!
- Complete the Member Registration/Agreement/Liability Waiver Form
- Read through the Member Handbook
- Meet with a Board Member, Operations Committee member or Area Captain to complete the sign-up process
- Verify that you have been added to public and members-only mailing list, and send a “Hi I'm... ” message to the members list telling us about yourself.
Youth Membership Policy
In accordance with the educational aspect of our mission, we not only accept, but encourage young people to learn and make with us by becoming members. Any member under the age of 18 is considered a "Youth Member" and special restrictions apply.
- Persons aged 13 thru 18 are eligible to join as Youth Members.
- Persons aged 16 thru 18 must have a parental liability waiver signed and must have an adult Member willing to host them present while at the MakerSpace.
- Persons aged 13 thru 15 must have a parental liability waiver signed and must have a parent/legal guardian AND an adult Member (may be same person) willing to host them present while at the MakerSpace.